Welcome to my homepage.
I hold the M.Sc. Degree of the Computer Science Department of the University of Crete and the Ptychio (B.Sc.) Degree of the Department of Informatics and Telecommunications of the University of Athens. I was also associated with the Institute of Computer Science of the Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas.
I am currently a Ph.D. candidate in the Embedded Systems Engineering Section of Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science of the Technical University of Denmark. My current research interests lie in the fields of Energy Harvesting - Wireless Sensor Networks.
Building 324 / Room 140
Email: xefa AT dtu.dk
- Ph.D., Technical University of Denmark (2010 - now)
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, University of Crete (2008 - 2010)
- B.Sc. in Informatics and Telecommunications, University of Athens (2002 - 2007)
- Research Assistant, DTU Informatics, Technical University of Denmark (2010 - now)
- Research Assistant, Institute of Computer Science, Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas(2008 - 2010)
- Research and Development Assistant, Department of Informatics and Telecommunications, University of Athens (2007)
- IDEA4CPS (Foundations for Cyber-Physical Systems), Danish National Research Foundation
- EU-MESH (Enhanced, Ubiquitous, and Dependable Broadband Access using MESH Networks), ICT-215320
- E2R II (End-to-End Reconfigurability - Phase 2), IST-2005-027714
- Masters Thesis Advisor, Technical University of Denmark
- Madava D. Vithanage, Asynchronous Media Access Control for Energy Harvesting Wireless Sensor Networks [Confidential], DTU, 2012.
- Teaching Assistant, Technical University of Denmark
- 02220 Distributed Systems (Spring 2013)
- 02220 Distributed Systems (Spring 2012)
- 02222 Distributed Systems (Spring 2011)
- Course Instructor, 1st Vocational Training Institute (IEK) of Heraklion
- Network Administration I (Spring 2010)
- Teaching Assistant, University of Crete
- CS-335 Computer Networks (Spring 2009)
- CS-335 Computer Networks (Fall 2008)
- CS-150 Programming (Spring 2008)
- IEEE Transactions in Vehicular Technologies (IEEE TVT)
- Workshop on Energy Efficiency in Wireless Networks Wireless Networks for Energy Efficiency (E2Nets)
Peer-Reviewed Journal Papers
- X. Fafoutis and V. A. Siris. Handover Incentives for Self-Interested WLANs with Overlapping Coverage. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol. 11, No. 12, pp. 2033-2046, December 2012.
Peer-Reviewed Conference Papers
- M. Vithanage, X. Fafoutis, C. Andersen and N. Dragoni. Medium Access Control for Thermal Energy Harvesting in Advanced Metering Infrastructures. In Proceedings of IEEE Eurocon 2013, Zagreb, Croatia, July 2013.
- X. Fafoutis, A. Di Mauro and N. Dragoni. Sustainable Medium Access Control: Implementation and Evaluation of ODMAC. In Proceedings of the 4th Workshop on Energy Efficiency in Wireless Networks Wireless Networks for Energy Efficiency (E2Nets) in conjuction with IEEE ICC 2013, Budapest, Hungary, June 2013.
- X. Fafoutis and N. Dragoni. Adaptive Media Access Control for Energy Harvesting - Wireless Sensor Networks. In Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Networked Sensing Systems (INSS), Antwerp, Belgium, June 2012.
- X. Fafoutis and N. Dragoni. Analytical Comparison of MAC Schemes for Energy Harvesting - Wireless Sensor Networks. In Proceedings of the International Workshop on Algorithms and Concepts for Networked Sensing Systems Powered by Energy Harvesters (EnHaNSS) in conjuction with INSS 2012, Antwerp, Belgium, June 2012.
- X. Fafoutis and N. Dragoni. ODMAC: An On Demand MAC Protocol for Energy Harvesting - Wireless Sensor Networks. In Proceedings of the 8th International ACM Symposium on Performance Evaluation of Wireless Ad Hoc, Sensor, and Ubiquitous Networks (PE-WASUN) in conjunction with ACM MSWiM 2011, Miami FL, USA, November 2011.
- X. Fafoutis and V. A. Siris. Handover Incentives: Revised Model with extensions for Uplink Traffic. In Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Mobility in Future Internet (MiFI) in conjunction with TEMU 2010, Chania, Greece, June 2010.
- X. Fafoutis and V. A. Siris. Performance Incentives for Cooperation between Wireless Mesh Network Operators. In Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Carrier-grade Wireless Mesh Networks (CARMEN) in conjunction with IEEE INFOCOM 2010, San Diego CA, USA, March 2010.
- A. Leonidis, G. Baryannis, X. Fafoutis, M. Korozi, N. Gazoni, M. Dimitriou, M. Koutsogiannaki, A. Boutsika, M. Papadakis, H. Papagiannakis, G. Tesseris, E. Voskakis, A. Bikakis and G. Antoniou. AlertMe: A Semantics-based Context-Aware Notification System. In Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Workshop on Software Engineering for Context Aware Systems and Applications (IEEE SECASA), Seattle WA, USA, July 2009.
- X. Fafoutis and V. A. Siris. Handover Incentives for WLANs with Overlapping Coverage. In Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Wired / Wireless Internet Communications (WWIC), Enschede, Netherlands, May 2009.
- P. Magdalinos, S. Polymeneas, P. Gliatis, X. Fafoutis, A. Merentitis and C. Polychronopoulos. A Proof of Concept Architecture for Self-Configuring Autonomic Systems. In Proceedins of the 17th ICT Mobile and Wireless Communications Summit, Stockholm, Sweden, June 2008.
- X. Fafoutis, A. Di Mauro and N. Dragoni. Sustainable Performance in Energy Harvesting - Wireless Sensor Networks. In Proceedings of the 4th ACM International Conference on Future Energy Systems (e-Energy), Berkeley CA, USA, May 2013.
- X. Fafoutis, K. Mathioudakis and V. A. Siris. Performance-Oriented Handover Incentives: A Proof-of-Concept Demonstration. In Proceedings of the 5th ACM International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental evaluation and Characterization (WiNTECH) in conjunction with ACM MOBICOM 2010, Chicago IL, USA, September 2010.
Other Peer-Reviewed Publications
- Xenofon Fafoutis, Dusan Vuckovic, Alessio Di Mauro, Nicola Dragoni and Jan Madsen. Poster Abstract: Energy-Harvesting Wireless Sensor Networks. Poster in the 9th European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN), Trento, Italy, February 2012.
- X. Fafoutis and V. A. Siris. Cooperation Incentives between Wireless Mesh Network Operators. Extended Abstract in Proceedings of the 3rd ERCIM Workshop on eMobility in conjunction with WWIC 2009, Enschede, Netherlands, May 2009.
- X. Fafoutis. Cooperation Incentives for Wireless Network Operators. M.Sc. Thesis (Supervisor: Prof. Apostolos Traganitis / Advisor: Prof. Vasilios A. Siris), University of Crete, Greece, February 2010.
- N. Gazoni and X. Fafoutis. Policy Based Autonomic Decision Making for Wireless Networks. Last Year (B.Sc.) Thesis (Supervisor: Prof. Lazaros Merakos / Advisor: Nancy Alonistioti), University of Athens, Greece, July 2007.
- ODMAC v0.1, Source code for TI msp430 MPU, GNU GPLv3, 2013.