Building 322, room 008
DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby
phaco æ dtu , dk
My research interests are string matching, compression, and data structures.
Dynamic Relative Compression, Dynamic Partial Sums, and Substring Concatenation (arXiv)
with Philip Bille, Inge Li Gørtz, Frederik Rye Skjoldjensen, Hjalte Wedel Vildhøj, and Søren Vind.
Access, Rank, and Select in Grammar-Compressed Strings
with Djamal Belazzougui, Simon J. Puglisi, and Yasuo Tabei.
Compressed Subsequence Matching and Packed Tree Coloring (arXiv)
with Philip Bille and Inge Li Gørtz.
In Proceedings of the 25th Symposium on Combinatorial Pattern Matching, 2014.
Fingerprints in Compressed Strings (arXiv)
with Philip Bille, Inge Li Gørtz, Benjamin Sach, Hjalte Wedel Vildhøj, and Søren Vind.
In Proceedings of the 13th Algorithms and Data Structures Symposium, 2013.
Compact q-Gram Profiling of Compressed Strings
with Philip Bille and Inge Li Gørtz.
In Theoretical Computer Science, volume 550, 2014.
- Algorithms and Data Structures for Grammar-Compressed Strings
supervised by Philip Bille and Inge Li Gørtz.
- Algorithms for Web Scraping (pdf)
In the final five for best Computer Science Master's thesis in Denmark 2011 (as awarded by Dansk Selskab for Datalogi).
Algorithms for Massive Data Sets (3 lectures), spring 2015.
Software Technology Project, spring 2015.
Teaching assistant in Algorithms and Datastructures II, fall 2014.
Teaching assistant in Algorithms and Datastructures II, fall 2012.
Teaching assistant in Algorithms and Datastructures I, spring 2012.
I supervise 4.-semester (fagprojekt), Bsc, and Msc projects in algorithms and data structures. If you are interested in doing a project in this field then send me an email.
- ARCO Meeting, ITU, Copenhagen, May 29, 2015.
- 03-02-2015: Defended my PhD thesis.
- Stringology 2015, January 4-7, 2015.
- 14-12-2014: Handed in my PhD thesis.
- EADS Summer School on Hashing: Theory and Applications, University of Copenhagen, July 14-17, 2014.
- ICALP, ITU, Copenhagen, July 7–11, 2014.
- Organizer of SWAT, Copenhagen, July 2-4, 2014.
- CPM, Yandex, Moscow, June 16-18, 2014. Presented my algorithm for compressed subsequence matching.
- ARCO Meeting, Malmö University, April 25, 2014. Presented my algorithm for compressed subsequence matching.
- Visited Oren Weimann and Gad M. Landau at Haifa University, October 2013 to March 2014.
- A special workshop: Bioinformatics, Optimization and Graphs (celebrating Ron Shamir's 60th birthday), Tel Aviv University, December 12, 2013.
- Weizmann Distinguished Lectures Day, Weizmann Institute of Science, December 10, 2013.
- SPIRE/WCTA, Jerusalem, October 7-10, 2013. Presented my algorithm for computing the q-gram profile of a compressed string at WCTA.
- MADALGO Summer School on Data Structures, Center for Massive Data Algorithms, Aarhus University, August 19-22, 2013.
- WADS, London, Ontario, August 12-14, 2013. Søren presented our fingerprint data structure.
- CPM, Bad Herrenalb, June 17-19, 2013. Presented my algorithm for computing the q-gram profile of a compressed string.
- ARCO Meeting, SDU, April 5, 2013. Presented my algorithm for computing the q-gram profile of a compressed string.
- Meeting on storage and indexing of massive data, February 7-8, 2013.
- Visited Benjamin Sach at the University of Warwick, February 4-6, 2013.
- ARCO Workshop, ITU, November 15, 2012.
- Presented my Master's thesis at a DSFD event hosted at DIKU, September 12, 2012.
- MADALGO Summer School on algoritms for modern parallel and distributed models, Center for Massive Data Algorithms, Aarhus University, August 20-23, 2012.
- Summer School on Massive Data Mining, IT University of Copenhagen, August 8-10, 2012.
- CPM/SWAT, Helsinki, July 3-6, 2012.
- ARCO Workshop, DIKU, April 17, 2012.
- ARCO Workshop, Technical University of Denmark, November 22, 2011.