Building 322, room 021
DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby
phaco æ dtu , dk
I invent (or discover, some might say) algorithms and data structures for handling large amounts of data. Currently I work on searching compressed text without decompressing it. My supervisors are Philip Bille and Inge Li Gørtz.
Fingerprints in Compressed Strings. (full version)
Philip Bille, Patrick Hagge Cording, Inge Li Gørtz, Benjamin Sach, Hjalte Wedel Vildhøj, and Søren Vind.
In Proceedings of the 13th Algorithms and Data Structures Symposium, 2013.
Compact q-Gram Profiling of Compressed Strings. (full version)
Philip Bille, Patrick Hagge Cording, and Inge Li Gørtz.
In Proceedings of the 24th Symposium on Combinatorial Pattern Matching, 2013.
- Algorithms for Web Scraping. (pdf)
In the final five for best Computer Science Master's thesis in Denmark 2011 (as awarded by Dansk Selskab for Datalogi).
- SPIRE/WCTA, Jerusalem, October 7-10, 2013.
- MADALGO Summer School on Data Structures, Center for Massive Data Algorithms, Aarhus University, August 19-22, 2013.
- WADS, London, Ontario, August 12-14, 2013. Søren presented our fingerprint data structure.
- CPM, Bad Herrenalb, June 17-19, 2013. Presented my algorithm for computing the q-gram profile of a compressed string.
- ARCO Meeting, SDU, April 5, 2013. Presented my algorithm for computing the q-gram profile of a compressed string.
- Meeting on storage and indexing of massive data, February 7-8, 2013.
- Visited Benjamin Sach at the University of Warwick, February 4-6, 2013.
- ARCO Workshop, ITU, November 15, 2012.
- Presented my Master's thesis at a DSFD event hosted at DIKU, September 12, 2012.
- MADALGO Summer School on algoritms for modern parallel and distributed models, Center for Massive Data Algorithms, Aarhus University, August 20-23, 2012.
- Summer School on Massive Data Mining, IT University of Copenhagen, August 8-10, 2012.
- CPM/SWAT, Helsinki, July 3-6, 2012.
- ARCO Workshop, DIKU, April 17, 2012.
- ARCO Workshop, Technical University of Denmark, November 22, 2011.